NOTE: I am currently accepting review requests for the month of March.
Please read the entire review policy before requesting a review.
Even though I love to read books of varied genres, there are some preferences of mine. I am a supporter of South Asian and LGBTQIA+ representations in books. If your book has one or more such reps., please do reach out to me. I am an #OwnVoices Reviewer for books with Queer, POC, South Asian (Indian, Bangladeshi) and Mental Health reps.
- Contemporary Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Women’s Fiction
- Young Adult
- Coming of Age
- Action and Adventure
- Short Stories
- Middle Grade
GENRES WHICH I AM NOT VERY KEEN TO READ
- Religion and Spirituality
- Art and Craft Books
If your book unfortunately falls into the latter category, please don’t be reluctant in requesting a review since there can be exceptions at times as I do love to read books of different genres. As long as I love the blurb and sample copy, no one can stop me from reading the book!
*Currently accepting E-copies due to COVID-19*
- Print (Paperbacks and Hardbacks) (Preferred mostly)
- Kindle eBook
- .mobi / .epub
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- I’ll accept review requests only over e-mail and the ones I receive on my Facebook Page. Once I receive the e-mail, you can expect to hear from me within three days. If I don’t respond within three days, please wait for at least one week before sending a request again. I have the right to choose not to accept a review request. If I am interested, it will be clearly stated in my reply.
- Print Copies will be given priority over E-Copies.
- I am a resident of India. If you live outside of India and you want to mail me a print copy of your book, please note that I won’t be paying for any shipping charges. You can send me an e-copy but I love print copies more (who doesn’t?!)
- The review will be posted within a month from date of receipt. If it gets delayed due to some reasons, you’ll be informed.
- My reviews are honest and unbiased. I believe in Constructive Criticism. By no means can I be persuaded to offer a positive/negative review. My views are my own and I’ll structure the review based on what I liked and what I didn’t.
- If I accept to review your book, be assured that it will surely be reviewed and that I don’t need any reminders. I make a list with dates and I follow that. You can still give me a nudge, if needed.
- The review will be posted on my blog, Amazon and Goodreads. If you want me post the review on any other site, let me know beforehand. I’ll share the review on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Indiblogger and IndiBlogHub.
- It will be very helpful if you could attach the book blurb and at least one sample chapter from your book while requesting a review.
- For bulk book review promotion, please mention the number of reviews you need clearly in the e-mail.
- None of my services are free, charges may apply. More information regarding the charges will be shared upon query.
- I am PR friendly, if you are a publisher and want me to review or promote some of your titles, you can always reach out to me.
I don’t follow any fancy rating system. It’s a simple five star rating system. I’ll rate the book out of five stars; they can be whole stars or in fractions.
- I prefer to talk about the content rather than the looks of the book. Even if your book has an impressive cover there are very less chances of me talking about it. But, that is not to say that I won’t take the book cover into account.
- My reviews are descriptive (around 800-1200 words) wherein I talk about the characters, the plot, narrative techniques, grammar and punctuation, relatability, etc. I might give away some details about the book (no spoilers though) in my explanation but I won’t be giving away the whole plotline and absolutely not the climax.
- As for promotions, I can organize giveaway contests, cover reveal events, share some interesting lines from the book on social media, talk about the book in Facebook Groups and Goodreads threads.
- Since I work on my own I would be really happy if you could recommend me to someone. Though it’s not a necessary step, in case you loved my review there’s no harm in recommending me, I believe?
HOW TO REQUEST A REVIEW?
E-mail me at email@example.com with details of the book (title, author, number of pages, publisher), with a short summary/ blurb and a few sample chapters. Also, you can message my Facebook page. But, it’s better that you send me an e-mail because it’s a lot easier for me to navigate through my emails than my Facebook messages.
Please note that I charge a minimal fee for book review promotion. The charge is for the time and effort it takes to write the review and prepare the blog post along with all the graphics and not for reading the book itself. The review is also shared across 10.5K followers and subscribers on social media. As I am supporting my own education currently, please know that whatever I earn through my collaborations goes into paying my university fees and other utility charges.
Thank you for investing your time in reading the review policy and also for your interest in getting your book reviewed by me!😊